The Ehlanzeni District Municipality is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
EDM may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 Nov 2008.
Ehlanzeni District Municipality shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/legislation/2000/act2.pdf
Ehlanzeni District Municipality may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of users:
- name and surname;
- contact numbers;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- e-mail address;
- IP address; and/or
- User selected username and password.
How the information we gather is used
We require this information to understand your needs and thus provide you with a better service. We may also use it:
- For internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To periodically send you news updates or other information that we think you may find interesting, using the e-mail address that you have provided for this express use
- To periodically contact you for market research purposes. In this instance we would contact you either by e-mail, phone, fax or mail
- To customise the website to better reflect your interests
- To communicate requested information to the User;
- To provide the user with access to restricted pages on this web site and;
- To compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Ehlanzeni District Municipality website
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Ehlanzeni District Municipality may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions:
- Ehlanzeni District Municipality shall not disclose personal information from users unless the user consents thereto;
- Ehlanzeni District Municipality shall disclose information without the user's consent only through due legal process and;
- Ehlanzeni District Municipality may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites that may be of interest to you. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not exercise any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites. As such sites are not governed by this privacy statement, caution should be exercised and users must read through their privacy statements.
- Latest News
- Annual Reports
- The Municipal Manager
- Technical Services
- Corporate Services
- Community Services
- LED & Tourism
- Finance and Supply Chain Management
- Office of the Municipal Manager
- Local Municipalities
- Public Notices
- Press Releases
- Contact Us
- Emergency Numbers
- GIS Site