Terms and conditions for the use of this website
These terms and conditions are binding and enforceable against all persons that access the Ehlanzeni District Municipality (EDM) website or any part thereof in terms of section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions (ECT) Act 25 of 2002.
Should you not agree to these terms and conditions, kindly leave the Ehlanzeni District Municipality website now, as further use will automatically bind you to these terms and conditions.
Definitions and interpretation
- "Ehlanzeni District Municipality website" means the Ehlanzeni District Municipality website located at www.ehlanzeni.co.za and includes any page, part or element thereof;
- "User" means any person who enters or uses Ehlanzeni District Municipality website, notwithstanding the fact that such a person only visits the home page of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality website;
- References herein to the singular includes the plural and vice versa and;
- Notwithstanding the fact that hyperlinks/references in these terms and conditions to copyright notices and legislation should be deemed part of these terms and conditions in terms of section 11 of the ECT Act, the fact that some or all of the hyperlinks may be non-operational, shall not play a role in determination of the validity and interpretation of these terms and conditions.
Website Content Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is provided by the Ehlanzeni District Municipality and is for general information only. Whilst we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of information on the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained therein for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Users may quote small and reasonable amounts of content available from the Ehlanzeni District Municipality website only if such quote is placed in inverted commas and acknowledged.
E-mail addresses, names, telephone numbers and fax numbers published on Ehlanzeni District Municipality website may not be incorporated into any database used for electronic marketing or similar purposes. No permission is given nor should it be implied that information on Ehlanzeni District Municipality website may be used to communicate unsolicited communications to Ehlanzeni District Municipality and all rights detailed in section 45 of the ECT Act are reserved.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Ehlanzeni District Municipality takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Changes and amendments
Ehlanzeni District Municipality reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to do any of the following, at any time without prior notice or justification:
- Change these terms and conditions;
- Change the content and/or services available from the Ehlanzeni District Municipality website;
- Discontinue any aspect of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality website or service(s) available from the Ehlanzeni District Municipality web site; and/or;
- Change the software and hardware required to access and use Ehlanzeni District Municipality website.
In this website you are able to link to other websites that are not under the control of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
In no event will the Ehlanzeni District Municipality be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of the use this website or of a link from this site to any other website.
E-mails and their attachments (collectively referred to for convenience as “e-mail”) are intended for the named recipient/s ONLY. This includes those persons sent copies.
If you are not the named recipient (or their authorised representative) or a recipient of a copy of the e-mail, or have otherwise received the e-mail in error:
- Kindly notify the sender (as specified in the e-mail) by using the contact details contained therein. You are requested to do so using e-mail if possible, and if not, then by means of the quickest way possible (telephone or fax). You must delete this message once you have notified the sender.
- You may not forward, copy or otherwise transmit or disseminate the e-mail or any of the contents thereof to any person other than the named sender or an employee of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality.
- You may not print, save or store the e-mail or any of the contents therein in an electronic or physical form.
E-mails and their contents are confidential, unless specifically stated or unless this is manifestly clear from the context (including, by way of example, press releases and other official statements, issued by way of e-mail). If you are not certain of whether the e-mail is confidential, please contact the sender to ascertain its confidentiality status.
In addition, e-mails may be logged for archival purposes and may be reviewed by parties at the Ehlanzeni District Municipality who are other than those named in the message header.
Contracts, offers, warranties and representations
E-mails do not necessarily constitute an official representation of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality unless this is specifically stated or clearly and objectively ascertainable from the contents of the e-mail itself.
E-mails from the Ehlanzeni District Municipality do not, as a rule contain warranties, representations or offers. You accordingly cannot rely on any purported warranty, representation or offer unless this is explicitly stated in the e-mail and said e-mail has been sent by an employee or representative of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality who is duly authorised to give warranties or make representations or offers on behalf of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality.
Notwithstanding the above statement, the Ehlanzeni District Municipality is entitled to rely on the contents of any e-mail sent to it (including warranties, representations or offers) unless otherwise provided.
All contracts formed through e-mail electronic offer and acceptance must be formalised and confirmed through paper documents within two weeks of conclusion.
The use of scanned versions of hand-rendered signatures to give the impression that an e-mail has been “signed” by the sender, is not permitted by the Ehlanzeni District Municipality and the inclusion of such a “signature” is of no additional force or effect.
While the Ehlanzeni District Municipality does its best to prevent loss or damage to third party systems, it cannot be held liable for any loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious codes in an e-mail, corruption of data or any “denial of service” or similar exploit caused by a virus or malicious code.
Notwithstanding criminal prosecution, any person who delivers any damaging code and/orviruses to the EDM website, whether on purpose or negligently, shall, without any limitation, indemnify and hold Ehlanzeni District Municipality harmless against any and all liability, damages and losses Ehlanzeni District Municipality and its partners / affiliates may suffer as a result of such damaging code and/or virus.
Electronic Communications Policy
The Ehlanzeni District Municipality staff (including consultants) is subject to policies that prohibit:
- the obscuring, suppressing, or replacing of another user’s identity on an e-mail
- the use of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality’s computer and communications systems for the exercise of the worker’s right to free speech
- sexual, religious, political and racial harassment
- profane, obscene, offensive, derogatory or defamatory remarks
- otherwise unlawful communication via e-mail
Accordingly, any message breaching these provisions is sent in that person’s personal capacity and the Ehlanzeni District Municipality is not liable for such messages. The Ehlanzeni District Municipality will take appropriate disciplinary action against any person/s breaching these provisions, and you can report any such breach to
Transmission and receipt
In accordance with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, an e-mail is only deemed to be received by the Ehlanzeni District Municipality once this is confirmed to you orally or in writing and e-mail is deemed to have been sent by the Ehlanzeni District Municipality or its workers as soon as this is reflected in the Ehlanzeni District Municipality’s mail server logs.
Details about the Ehlanzeni District Municipality and its management can be found at http://www.ehlanzeni.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=137
You can contact the Ehlanzeni District Municipality should you have any queries concerning this disclaimer
Users are encouraged to report untrue, inaccurate, defamatory, illegal, infringing and/or harmful content available from the Ehlanzeni District Municipality website to Ehlanzeni District Municipality and Ehlanzeni District Municipality undertakes to correct and/or remove such content or any part thereof if the person reporting such content provided reasonable grounds to prove the alleged nature of the content.
Interception of communications
Subject to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications (RIC) Act 70 of 2002, the User agrees to Ehlanzeni District Municipality's right to intercept, block, filter, read, delete, disclose and use all communications sent or posted by the User to the Ehlanzeni District Municipality web site, its staff and employees. The RIC Act may be downloaded from:
Applicable and governing law
Ehlanzeni District Municipality web site is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore the South African law enforced by the South African courts governs the use or inability to use Ehlanzeni District Municipality website, its content, services and these terms and conditions.
In the event that any term or condition detailed herein is found unenforceable or invalid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall remain enforceable and applicable.
- Latest News
- Annual Reports
- The Municipal Manager
- Technical Services
- Corporate Services
- Community Services
- LED & Tourism
- Finance and Supply Chain Management
- Office of the Municipal Manager
- Local Municipalities
- Public Notices
- Press Releases
- Contact Us
- Emergency Numbers
- GIS Site